SEF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SEF Forum

The St Louis Area's Best Boxing Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Finney is fighting on the Strikeforce STL card at Scot on June 6

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FightFanSTL

FightFanSTL

Finney is fighting on the Strikeforce STL card at Scot on June 6 Empty
PostSubject: Finney is fighting on the Strikeforce STL card at Scot on June 6   Finney is fighting on the Strikeforce STL card at Scot on June 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:10 pm

http://www.strikeforce.com/schedule/
Scroll to the bottom.

I'd LOVE to see a fight between Finney and Steve Berger (they're both 70's)

Ticket prices for this event are VERY reasonable. I picked up some premium Plaza seats for only $50 per.
Back to top Go down
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Finney is fighting on the Strikeforce STL card at Scot on June 6   Finney is fighting on the Strikeforce STL card at Scot on June 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 3:48 pm

And if Finney fought Berger....your money would be on....?
Back to top Go down
FightFanSTL

FightFanSTL

PostSubject: Re: Finney is fighting on the Strikeforce STL card at Scot on June 6   Finney is fighting on the Strikeforce STL card at Scot on June 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 3:53 pm

Angel wrote:
And if Finney fought Berger....your money would be on....?

Even money? I'd put a very substantial amount of coin on Berger.

And...I forgot to update this thread. Per the Strikeforce website Finney is fighting a guy who is making his pro debut.

Also on the card, Mizzou/McCluer wrestling legend Tyron Woodley. Local MMA fighter James Wade, who fights out of JWWright's school in St. Peters, will also be on the card. Dave Cochran and Pat Benson also have local ties.

Very good to see the local flavor on this card. Well worth the price of a ticket IMO.
Back to top Go down
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Finney is fighting on the Strikeforce STL card at Scot on June 6   Finney is fighting on the Strikeforce STL card at Scot on June 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 4:26 pm

Pro debut...lol. What a shocker. How long till he puts his balls on the line???
Back to top Go down
FightFanSTL

FightFanSTL

PostSubject: Re: Finney is fighting on the Strikeforce STL card at Scot on June 6   Finney is fighting on the Strikeforce STL card at Scot on June 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 4:28 pm

Angel wrote:
Pro debut...lol. What a shocker. How long till he puts his balls on the line???

Hmmm...I think there be another person, or three, who share your opinion regarding the quality (or lack thereof) of the competition that Finney has faced.

It would be nice to see him get in with an opponent that has a legit track record so we could get a true read on his MMA skills.
Back to top Go down
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: Finney is fighting on the Strikeforce STL card at Scot on June 6   Finney is fighting on the Strikeforce STL card at Scot on June 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Here we go again, research and corrections. Finnet's opponent is 7-0 and he's no bum. As we all or should know, Finney is a World Champion Kickboxer, is one hell of a trainer and is respected across the country for his involvement in MMA. I know him and I work for him and I will tell anyone and everyone he is a stand up dude. I have more insight than most becase I know him not only as a boss but a friend. Don't hate on this guy. He's the real deal.
I know he's been training. He was prepared for the April fight till it was cancelled and if you stop in his gym you'll see him working on his ground game. All he needs to do is fine tune his striking. He'll start training hard around the first week of May, and one thing you can be sure of, he will be ready come June 6th.
Check Strikeforce.com
Back to top Go down
FightFanSTL

FightFanSTL

PostSubject: Re: Finney is fighting on the Strikeforce STL card at Scot on June 6   Finney is fighting on the Strikeforce STL card at Scot on June 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 3:13 pm

Shooter....it's understandable you'd speak highly of the guy who's signing your checks but a few things...

Yes, there WAS research done.Until yesterday, the Strikeforce website listed Finney's opponent as being 0-0..... Sherdog, the "Boxrec" of MMA, doesn't even have a listing for a "Josh Bumgarner". Shooter, if you have info on Bumgarner's prior opponents....please post.

Everyone I've spoken with in the local area regarding Finney says his ALL AROUND mixed martial arts game is still 'to be determined' due to subpar skills of his opponents.

If it makes me a "hater" because I question the legitimacy of Finney's prior opponents then I guess I'm guilty as charged.
Back to top Go down
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: Finney is fighting on the Strikeforce STL card at Scot on June 6   Finney is fighting on the Strikeforce STL card at Scot on June 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 4:12 pm

OK, I'm coming out of the closet. Some people know including you Mike that I donate my profits from photography to a Education fund for the kids of a friend of mine who was killed in a car wreck about 6 years ago. Fighters who get pics from me know this because I have them send a check to the fund. So working for Finney has nothing to do with it. In fact he has thrown a couple bucks extra in from time to time just to make sure they have field trip money or a new dress for the choir performance. I told you he was a stand up dude, if he wasn't I wouldn't work for him. I'm to old and independent to put up with some bull shit boss. Same for Steve Smith, stand up guy.
Go by the gym and see him train and then make an assesment.
Back to top Go down
FightFanSTL

FightFanSTL

PostSubject: Re: Finney is fighting on the Strikeforce STL card at Scot on June 6   Finney is fighting on the Strikeforce STL card at Scot on June 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 4:46 pm

shooter, mea culpa on the $ comment....that one was out of line.

Obviously none of us on the site are making any $ at this...we're all dedicating out time and energies for the love of the local sports....
Back to top Go down
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: Finney is fighting on the Strikeforce STL card at Scot on June 6   Finney is fighting on the Strikeforce STL card at Scot on June 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 5:02 pm

No problem. I know 3 mma experts, your 1 of them.
Back to top Go down
FightFanSTL

FightFanSTL

PostSubject: Re: Finney is fighting on the Strikeforce STL card at Scot on June 6   Finney is fighting on the Strikeforce STL card at Scot on June 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:09 pm

I was reviewing the forum of Team Vaghi...which is, arguably, one of the premier MMA schools in the area.

Scroll down on the thread linked below....it seems I'm not the only one to question the quality of Finney's oppnonents.

"He's not gonna fight you unless you are blind, crippled, or underaged. Yes i said it. What can he do about it?

Tracy "Unsilent Majority" Taylor Esq. -314.401.1337"

http://www.foxvalleygrapplingclub.com/teamvaghi/viewtopic.php?t=1666&sid=dd471d2a513bac6cb02ce5ad7ad84423
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finney is fighting on the Strikeforce STL card at Scot on June 6   Finney is fighting on the Strikeforce STL card at Scot on June 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finney is fighting on the Strikeforce STL card at Scot on June 6
Page 1 of 1