SEF Forum

The St Louis Area's Best Boxing Forum

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Lesnar vs. Coture?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SEFPREZ

PostSubject: Lesnar vs. Coture?   Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:17 pm

Anyone in the know care to comment on this? Sounds like a strange matchup.
I mean - hasn't Lesnar only fought 3 MMA FIGHTS?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FightFanSTL

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs. Coture?   Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:31 pm

The fight is a done deal. UFC 91 on Nov 15
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=14272

Now here is the SHOCKER. Betting lines are already out and it's basically EVEN MONEY on each side. That's right, the betting public thinks it's a coin flip of a fight. I actually like Lesnar against Randy because, as they say, styles make fights. Couture isn't going to outwrestle Brock and he isn't going to dominate in the clinch where Randy is strongest. Keep in mind that Randy will enter the Octagon at 225 lbs...Lesnar will walk in at 275. We're talking FIFTY pounds difference.

Here's the BIG question....does Lesnar have a chin? He still hasn't been hit hard (and Randy doesn't have the heaviest hands).

Does all of the above mean I'm betting Lesnar to win? Hell no!! I learned my lesson a few fights ago to never underestimate The Natural, regardless of how bad I think the matchup is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SEFPREZ

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs. Coture?   Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:47 pm

SO I guess in this instance, it is simply a matter of Brock's sheer strength and wrestling experience vs. Coture's vast experience....?

I'm going to make a guess here and assume that Lesnar can take a shot from just about anyone in the fight biz and shake it off...so if that's that case, and Coture can't hurt Lesnar, you're right - it makes for a damn exciting match.

Sign me up for that one Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lilMickeystl

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs. Coture?   Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:50 pm

Now this sounds like a pretty badass fight. I know this would be one of UFC's biggest fights ever as far as PPV. I agree i might take Lesnar too, maybe because its been a while since ive seen couture, or because last time i remember he was whaling on that big goof Sylvia. Lesnar needs to take his time and be more smart , he cant make any mistakes in this fight! Good stuff bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FightFanSTL

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs. Coture?   Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:34 pm

Must view if you're even slightly interested in Couture/Lesnar:
http://sherdog.com/news/news/espn-mma-live-lesnar-couture-and-dana-white-14284
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FightFanSTL

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs. Coture?   Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:36 pm

Prepare yourself for this Saturday night......it's time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FightFanSTL

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs. Coture?   Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:25 pm

UFC 91
Sat 11/15 Randy Couture vs Brock Lesnar
401 Randy Couture +111
402 Brock Lesnar -121

Yes, you're reading that right....Lesnar, after only TWO fights in the UFC, is about a 5:4 favorite over The Natural. Hard to believe in many aspects but very believable in others. If I had to make a wager it would be on Brock but I learned my (expensive) lesson betting against Randy in the past so I'll likely stay on the sidelines for this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bxgrl1

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs. Coture?   Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:59 pm

Okay, Lesner is a freak and can wrestle. I just don't ever underestimate Randy though. I wonder if it goes beyond 3 rounds, could Lesner tire out? Randy has been there before. I will not be getting the fights so I'll find out after the fact. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FightFanSTL

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs. Coture?   Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:23 pm

bxgrl1 wrote:
Okay, Lesner is a freak and can wrestle. I just don't ever underestimate Randy though. I wonder if it goes beyond 3 rounds, could Lesner tire out? Randy has been there before. I will not be getting the fights so I'll find out after the fact. Sad

I would normally question someone who has Brock's muscle mass too...but the guy is a cardio freak in the gym so, yes, I think he can go all five.

You should be able to watch it for only a $5 (one time) donation here:
http://www.joesondo.org/main.php?s=donate
Going forward all UFCs should be free after your initial $5 'donation' to a premium user. I'm going to be traveling this weekend so I already ponied up the $5 in hopes the stream will work (a reputable friend recommended the site so I went ahead and paid up front).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bxgrl1

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs. Coture?   Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:26 pm

Thanks Mike!! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SEFPREZ

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs. Coture?   Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:55 am

I just saw it on Youtube yesterday...

Brock is a very fast dude with immense power. I mean, the shot that felled Couture was a glancing blow. I think that I would be very frightened if a guy Lesnar's size was about to start landing elbows on my face. Kudos to the new champ - he earned it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FightFanSTL

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs. Coture?   Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:26 pm

SEFPREZ wrote:
I mean, the shot that felled Couture was a glancing blow.

The quality of video feed is poor on YouTube...but watch it again. The shot that dropped Randy landed well behind the ear, which is technically an illegal blow (back of the head). Couture was trying to slip the punch which is why it landed where it did (meaning, no ill intent on Lesnar's part) but the fact that the punch landed where it did does somewhat detract from the KO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lilMickeystl

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs. Coture?   Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:22 pm

Ya i had a chance to catch the fight. Was not really impressed with his (brocks) performance , it was not what i expected. Neither fighter had done much at the point of stoppage. I guess punches like that is all it takes, That what Dana said the next day on the Jim Rome show. Also at what level was Randy fighting at , the same level he was before he left? i dont think so. I do think brock still has a long way to go before he is considered a Real Champ. just some thoughts...

I really enjoyed watching the other fights , it was an impressive card.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bigtruck260

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs. Coture?   Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:26 am

I'll give it to Brock - the dude is really athletic for a big guy. I would expect someone his size to lose agility...

Dana White is not stupid, and Lesnar is not Kimbo Slice. Regardless of Coture's age, Brock beat him fairly - and is the new champ after only a few fights.
I expect a re[-match with MIR to take place first...hopefully Brock has learned to counter toe-holds scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FightFanSTL

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs. Coture?   Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:30 am

Bigtruck260 wrote:
I expect a re[-match with MIR to take place first...hopefully Brock has learned to counter toe-holds scratch

Leg/ankle lock to be technical. Small joint manipulation is barred in unified rules of MMA.

Lesnar will fight the winner of Antonio Nogieura/Frank Mir (Dec 27 in LV...I'll be at the event for SEF).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs. Coture?   

Back to top Go down

Lesnar vs. Coture?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1