SEF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SEF Forum

The St Louis Area's Best Boxing Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What a joke

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
shooter1

What a joke Empty
PostSubject: What a joke   What a joke Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:42 am

Is Pacman that good or is Clottey that bad? Fight sucked. Anyone notice the trainers advice in the corners? Clottey had a cheerleader and packie had a trainer.
Back to top Go down
SEFPREZ

SEFPREZ

What a joke Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a joke   What a joke Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 12:34 pm

shooter1 wrote:
Is Pacman that good or is Clottey that bad? Fight sucked. Anyone notice the trainers advice in the corners? Clottey had a cheerleader and packie had a trainer.

If I was Clottey, I would have done the exact same thing Wink

Pac IS that good. No shame in covering up - Clottey even landed a few shots...and will be able to tell his kids that he fought one of the best ever for 12 rounds.
Pac actually looked worse than Clottey in the end after winning all 12.
Back to top Go down
lilMickeystl

lilMickeystl

What a joke Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a joke   What a joke Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 3:43 pm

My gripe is that when a title is on the line, you should fight your ass off to win that title. It looked pretty clear that Clottey was only there for a paycheck/filler and not the belt! I can only imagine what a fight between him and Winky Wright would look like.
Back to top Go down
SEFPREZ

SEFPREZ

What a joke Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a joke   What a joke Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 11:13 am

lilMickeystl wrote:
My gripe is that when a title is on the line, you should fight your ass off to win that title. It looked pretty clear that Clottey was only there for a paycheck/filler and not the belt! I can only imagine what a fight between him and Winky Wright would look like.

The title was on the line - yes.

However, the sole reason that Clottey was chosen was because he had not been stopped in a pro fight. Roach wanted to see Clottey down and out and stopped. Clottey was not chosen because he was a threat to the title - and therefore, Clottey went out and fought his usual fight...no frills, mostly defense.

It was a sad excuse for a title fight, but it's hard to blame Clottey for not wanting to see Freddie Roach dance around and blow a gasket trying to lift Manny up after turding him center-ring. Clottey likely got more satisfaction out of the fact that Roach was pissed about his glove selection (more padding) and that Freddie bitched about Josh's covering up all night.

Newsflash Freddie - that's how the dude fights, and YOU chose to fight him. Deal with it.

I am just about sick of Pac and Roach. There is a sense of entitlement there...OK, we know you want to knock everyone out Freddie.

If Floyd makes a statement against Mosley, then Floyd (IMO) will have more leverage for the fight with Pac - if it ever happens. The Mosley fight is 1000 times more meaningful than the debacle with Clottey Saturday night.
Back to top Go down
FightFanSTL

FightFanSTL

What a joke Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a joke   What a joke Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 3:06 pm

SEFPREZ wrote:
The Mosley fight is 1000 times more meaningful than the debacle with Clottey Saturday night.

Exactly. I mean, did anyone honestly believe Pac/Clottey would be competitive? If they did then you must be spending too much time reading/watching the Top Rank PR machine.

For goodness sakes, Pac was -900, yes NINE, vs Clottey. It's not often a near 10 to 1 favorite is in a balanced fight. But yet it was built up to be PPV material. And close to one million bought in to the PR and anted up their hard earned $ for such an unbalanced match.

I hate to say it but this fight was a great example for those that bitch and moan that they don't get their $50 worth.
Back to top Go down
Bigtruck260

Bigtruck260

What a joke Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a joke   What a joke Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:08 am

SEFMike wrote:
SEFPREZ wrote:
The Mosley fight is 1000 times more meaningful than the debacle with Clottey Saturday night.

Exactly. I mean, did anyone honestly believe Pac/Clottey would be competitive? If they did then you must be spending too much time reading/watching the Top Rank PR machine.

For goodness sakes, Pac was -900, yes NINE, vs Clottey. It's not often a near 10 to 1 favorite is in a balanced fight. But yet it was built up to be PPV material. And close to one million bought in to the PR and anted up their hard earned $ for such an unbalanced match.

I hate to say it but this fight was a great example for those that bitch and moan that they don't get their $50 worth.

...and Clottey will fight for a title again.

He's a very good fighter who would open up against anyone other than Manny. I didn't think the fight was good, but it was actually better than I expected. I didn't think Clottey would land ANYTHING of substance, and he actually snapped Manny's head back a few times. The dude has a great defense - and proved it against the best fighter in the world.

Onto bigger and better things...

Shane Mosley is running his mouth (and he should) saying that after he beats Floyd, Manny is next. I don't think I would have said this after the Winky Wright fights, but I think Shane is the only one other than Floyd capable (at the moment) of beating Manny. I will be interested in the odds the night of Mosley/Mayweather - they can't be that far apart. Shane dominated a dominant fighter, and Floyd dominated a guy who some thought was #2-3 on the P4P list.

I WISH that a few of the guys at 140 would test their luck/skill at welter. They are going to be there someday anyway...

Wouldn't you like to see Manny fight a kid like Devon Alexander?
Back to top Go down
FightFanSTL

FightFanSTL

What a joke Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a joke   What a joke Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:18 pm

Bigtruck260 wrote:
I will be interested in the odds the night of Mosley/Mayweather - they can't be that far apart.

Wouldn't you like to see Manny fight a kid like Devon Alexander?

PBF is about -350 vs Mosely. I think that's about right

If Devon can become undisputed @ 140 I could definitely see it happening. How awesome would that be?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What a joke Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a joke   What a joke Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What a joke
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SEF Forum :: SEF Forum Discussion :: National Spotlight-
Jump to: