SEF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SEF Forum

The St Louis Area's Best Boxing Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pac/Mayweather is OFF - Confirmed....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SEFPREZ

SEFPREZ

Pac/Mayweather is OFF - Confirmed.... Empty
PostSubject: Pac/Mayweather is OFF - Confirmed....   Pac/Mayweather is OFF - Confirmed.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:35 am

You know what? Arum says that Floyd didn't want the fight....and I can totally see why - and I am on Floyd's side with this one.

Manny will have to make a fight with Yuri Foreman at 154 or Paul Malinaggi at 147 - neither one gets me excited. Malinaggi is a better fighter, but it will still be less than exciting.

However, Floyd could have a MONSTER PPV with either Mosely or Berto...and still make a great payday while Manny is making C+ money fighting B fighters. Paul Williams is also an attractive fight for Floyd.

Manny NEEDS Floyd for his legacy. MAny already hate on Floyd for supposedly ducking the big fights...he has nothing to lose, only riches to gain.

All Manny had to do was take the needle...now he will forever be on the suspect list.

You and I both know this is only hype for a megafight toward the end of 2010.
Back to top Go down
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: Pac/Mayweather is OFF - Confirmed....   Pac/Mayweather is OFF - Confirmed.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 5:17 pm

Dude, we see eye to eye on most things but we're miles apart on this one. Manny doesn't need Mayweather for his legacy, it's already there. Foreman and Malinaggi are not b fighters and Manny will do just fine if this bout never takes place. Mayweather will not get MONSTER bucks fighting Berto or Mosely. Your kidding right? Just trying to stir it up right?With the IRS and the banker knocking on Mayweather's door, he needs this fight the most. If the fight takes place, and I think it will, Manny will smoke Mayweather!!! They're just dancing now,they will fight and it will be without any conditions set down by Mayweather.
Back to top Go down
SEFPREZ

SEFPREZ

PostSubject: Re: Pac/Mayweather is OFF - Confirmed....   Pac/Mayweather is OFF - Confirmed.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:47 pm

shooter1 wrote:
Dude, we see eye to eye on most things but we're miles apart on this one. Manny doesn't need Mayweather for his legacy, it's already there. Foreman and Malinaggi are not b fighters and Manny will do just fine if this bout never takes place. Mayweather will not get MONSTER bucks fighting Berto or Mosely. Your kidding right? Just trying to stir it up right?With the IRS and the banker knocking on Mayweather's door, he needs this fight the most. If the fight takes place, and I think it will, Manny will smoke Mayweather!!! They're just dancing now,they will fight and it will be without any conditions set down by Mayweather.

Bob - you are sniffing out my sarcasm. That entire post was tongue in cheek...

I don think that it will bug Manny much more than Floyd if the fight doesn't happen...it's almost pointless for him to fight Foreman unless he wants the 8th weight division...thought it goes against Manny taking on the TOP people in each class. At 154, he most certainly needs to fight Sergio Martinez (in my mind the 154 pound best) - because he isn't going to fight Williams (is he?)

As a fan, I want to see Mosely and Berto...but those fights won't touch Pac/Cotto in PPV buys, but would kill that Pavlik/Espino card from 3 weeks ago.

Floyd has options...and good ones, but everyone knows that the real money is with Pac - and Floyd needs MANNY to secure his legacy - you are correct.

See...you DO know me.
Back to top Go down
SEFPREZ

SEFPREZ

PostSubject: Re: Pac/Mayweather is OFF - Confirmed....   Pac/Mayweather is OFF - Confirmed.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:48 pm

SEFPREZ wrote:
shooter1 wrote:

Bob - you are sniffing out my sarcasm. That entire post was tongue in cheek...

I don think that it will bug Manny much more than Floyd if the fight doesn't happen...it's almost pointless for him to fight Foreman unless he wants the 8th weight division...thought it goes against Manny taking on the TOP people in each class. At 154, he most certainly needs to fight Sergio Martinez (in my mind the 154 pound best) - because he isn't going to fight Williams (is he?)

As a fan, I want to see Mosely and Berto...but those fights won't touch Pac/Cotto in PPV buys, but would kill that Pavlik/Espino card from 3 weeks ago.

Floyd has options...and good ones, but everyone knows that the real money is with Pac - and Floyd needs MANNY to secure his legacy - you are correct.

See...you DO know me.

I also want to remind you Sir Robert - that you thought Marquez would stop Floyd. scratch
Back to top Go down
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: Pac/Mayweather is OFF - Confirmed....   Pac/Mayweather is OFF - Confirmed.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:10 pm

damn, i thought you forgot about that!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pac/Mayweather is OFF - Confirmed....   Pac/Mayweather is OFF - Confirmed.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pac/Mayweather is OFF - Confirmed....
Page 1 of 1