SEF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SEF Forum

The St Louis Area's Best Boxing Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Manny Pac-Man is a douche (but still a great fighter)...check it out.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bigtruck260

Bigtruck260

Manny Pac-Man is a douche (but still a great fighter)...check it out. Empty
PostSubject: Manny Pac-Man is a douche (but still a great fighter)...check it out.   Manny Pac-Man is a douche (but still a great fighter)...check it out. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 4:53 pm

Fightnews:
Pacman demands

By Nick Giongco

For fear of being outsmarted by Floyd Mayweather Jr., Manny Pacquiao, by way of his lawyer Franklin Gacal, said in a text message late Tuesday night in the Philippines that the Filipino fighter will be “demanding a penalty of $10 million per pound or a fraction thereof over and above 147 lbs during the weighin” in relation to the March 13, 2010 fight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Gacal, however, made it clear that the “penalty applies to both fighters”, meaning if Pacquiao fails to make weight, he will also be forced to cough out the same amount.

Against Juan Manuel Marquez last September, Mayweather was compelled to pay Marquez a total of $600,000 for coming in at 146 lbs. The agreed weight was 144 lbs. Mayweather went on to beat the overpowered Mexican on a lopsided 12-round decision. It is unclear if Mayweather will agree to what appears to be an over-the-top demand by Team Pacquiao. Top Rank and Golden Boy Promotions are staging the fight and a formal annoucement is being awaited anytime this week. Both fighters are guaranteed a purse of $25 million each and their total earnings can go up to as high as $40 million apiece.
Back to top Go down
Bigtruck260

Bigtruck260

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pac-Man is a douche (but still a great fighter)...check it out.   Manny Pac-Man is a douche (but still a great fighter)...check it out. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 4:56 pm

My initial recation to this demand is that if Manny does not want to fight at the Welterweight limit of 147 - he should stick to the 140 pound class and fight the guys down there...Alexander, Bradley, Maidana and Valero (135).

He won't make that kind of payday at 140 - and he wants a 50/50 split with Floyd at 147? If that's the case, I deny him the fight if I am Floyd. Call me a punk, but why let Manny call all the shots? It takes two to dictate a huge 50M payday...and Manny will not get that kind of grip fighting anyone other than Floyd.

Floyd can make a decent payday fighting Paul Williams at 154 if he wanted to. Williams would LOVE that fight. Shane Mosley is also an option. Who else is Manny gonna go after for that kind of money?

Man up Manny - and fight at 147. Had Cotto been at 147, you might have been killed - who knows?
Back to top Go down
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pac-Man is a douche (but still a great fighter)...check it out.   Manny Pac-Man is a douche (but still a great fighter)...check it out. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 9:30 am

The way I read it, Pac-man is ok with fighting at 147. He just wants to insure that Mayweather doesn't come in over like he did last fight. It cost Mayweather $600,000 but it did give him an advantage. Not that it would have made a difference but, an agreed upon weight is just that. Manny wants it to hurt if Mayweather pulls the same thing against him. 10 mil a pound will get Mayweather's attention.
Now the blood tests. It seems that one camp wants to tell the other camp what to do. Mind games is all it is. Manny says 10 mil a pound and Mayweather says give your blood. I see nothing wrong with a demand of 10 mil a pound from either fighter what I have a problem with is changing the testing procedure. Manny agreed to be blood tested 30 days prior to the fight(standard) and right after the fight(standard). These tests along with urine tests have been good enough in the past and should be good enough for this fight.
Manny's requests just increase the penalty for coming in over, which is standard. You come in over, you pay. Mayweather's requests have never been a standard.
It's all hype and for a 25-40 mil payday, I think this fight will happen.
I don't like Mayweather, I respect him as a boxer but I don't like him and I hope Manny smokes him quick.
Back to top Go down
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pac-Man is a douche (but still a great fighter)...check it out.   Manny Pac-Man is a douche (but still a great fighter)...check it out. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 10:45 pm

Devon wants Pacman. check out boxing scene.com Devon leaves for Vegas this week to start training for a March 6th date on HBO after dark. Dannie Williams is going with him and Kevin.
Back to top Go down
SEFPREZ

SEFPREZ

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pac-Man is a douche (but still a great fighter)...check it out.   Manny Pac-Man is a douche (but still a great fighter)...check it out. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 11:58 am

shooter1 wrote:
The way I read it, Pac-man is ok with fighting at 147. He just wants to insure that Mayweather doesn't come in over like he did last fight. It cost Mayweather $600,000 but it did give him an advantage. Not that it would have made a difference but, an agreed upon weight is just that. Manny wants it to hurt if Mayweather pulls the same thing against him. 10 mil a pound will get Mayweather's attention.
Now the blood tests. It seems that one camp wants to tell the other camp what to do. Mind games is all it is. Manny says 10 mil a pound and Mayweather says give your blood. I see nothing wrong with a demand of 10 mil a pound from either fighter what I have a problem with is changing the testing procedure. Manny agreed to be blood tested 30 days prior to the fight(standard) and right after the fight(standard). These tests along with urine tests have been good enough in the past and should be good enough for this fight.
Manny's requests just increase the penalty for coming in over, which is standard. You come in over, you pay. Mayweather's requests have never been a standard.
It's all hype and for a 25-40 mil payday, I think this fight will happen.
I don't like Mayweather, I respect him as a boxer but I don't like him and I hope Manny smokes him quick.

Bobby -

You and I both know that Floyd will be a Middleweight the evening of the fight, and the he only went over 147 in the Marquez fight because he didn't care enough. It was a lack of respect to Marquez - and I understand your point about Mayweather being a jerk at times.

BUT, there are certain tests that ONLY blood will work for - like HGH and blood doping. I see both sides, just the $10 mil per pound seems excessive...like it might as well be a bazillion gillion per pound - again, mind games.

All this stuff could also be orchestrated (including Pac's lawsuit) by the promoters to give the fight yet another angle/spin. Now Malinaggi is in the mix.

Devon could hang with Pac, but he's still not a big enough name. Manny wouldn't make nearly enough money and take the chance that he could lose to a young, hungry strong kid like Devon. Malinaggi is the best choice for a smart Pac. He's not a puncher, and has been stopped by a lesser fighter in Hatton. Bradley would be my #2 choice - Maidana #3.
Back to top Go down
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pac-Man is a douche (but still a great fighter)...check it out.   Manny Pac-Man is a douche (but still a great fighter)...check it out. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 1:38 pm

I agree it's a mind game. 10 mill, give your blood, I'm sueing you, fights off, fights on. It's all hype. Fight will happen. To much money to be made by both fighters, they just doing a lil dance right now.
I don't think Devon/Pac would be a good choice for Devon or Pac. Pac could get ktfo and Devon could lose his title. Devon can make some serious money this year fighting guys he can beat, I don't think he can beat Manny right now, maybe next year, 2011. Devon needs to fatten that bank account. Would love to see him fight Mayweather some day. Looking forward to seeing Engel/Fogel rematch and Stephon Young. Line-up for the 15th at the Pageant looks pretty damn good. See you there
RT is still giving away 4 tickets to the fights. go to www.rumbletimepromotionsllc.com to register.
Back to top Go down
SEFPREZ

SEFPREZ

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pac-Man is a douche (but still a great fighter)...check it out.   Manny Pac-Man is a douche (but still a great fighter)...check it out. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 3:25 pm

shooter1 wrote:
I agree it's a mind game. 10 mill, give your blood, I'm sueing you, fights off, fights on. It's all hype. Fight will happen. To much money to be made by both fighters, they just doing a lil dance right now.
I don't think Devon/Pac would be a good choice for Devon or Pac. Pac could get ktfo and Devon could lose his title. Devon can make some serious money this year fighting guys he can beat, I don't think he can beat Manny right now, maybe next year, 2011. Devon needs to fatten that bank account. Would love to see him fight Mayweather some day. Looking forward to seeing Engel/Fogel rematch and Stephon Young. Line-up for the 15th at the Pageant looks pretty damn good. See you there
RT is still giving away 4 tickets to the fights. go to www.rumbletimepromotionsllc.com to register.

I registered for the tix. Going regardless, but hey - free is always good. RT gets a review out of it. Looking forward to finally seeing Engle-Fogle.
Back to top Go down
Iceman778

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pac-Man is a douche (but still a great fighter)...check it out.   Manny Pac-Man is a douche (but still a great fighter)...check it out. Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:40 pm

really.........i dont think so
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manny Pac-Man is a douche (but still a great fighter)...check it out.   Manny Pac-Man is a douche (but still a great fighter)...check it out. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manny Pac-Man is a douche (but still a great fighter)...check it out.
Page 1 of 1