SEF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SEF Forum

The St Louis Area's Best Boxing Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

jose canseco

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mikewood

mikewood

jose canseco Empty
PostSubject: jose canseco   jose canseco Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 12:28 am

FOX SPORTS

Jose Canseco used his mammoth muscles to take pitchers deep and trade blows with Danny Bonaduce.

Now the former MVP will step onto the mat and try MMA.

What's Hot:Whitlock: I'm the Racial Apology Czar
Hasenmayer: NFL All-Undrafted team
Bulls top Celtics in triple OT classic
Tiger atop Quail Hollow; Phil 2 back
Minus Howard, Magic oust Sixers
Top stories | Rumors | Video | Photos In his latest attempt to cash in on his flagging post-baseball career, Canseco is set to make his mixed martial arts debut on May 26 in Japan. The former Oakland A's slugger and tell-all author is fighting South Korean Hong Man Choi on the Dream 9 card in Yokohama Arena.

Choi is a 7-foot-2, 330-pound super heavyweight and has a 1-2 record in MMA.

"I have no idea if I can do it," Canseco said Thursday night. "It's a tough sport."

Canseco has written two books, starred in a pair of reality shows, and had two celebrity boxing bouts since his 17-year baseball career ended. He boxed Bonaduce, a former "Partridge Family" child star, to a majority draw in a match in January. Canseco was listed at 6-4 and 260 pounds for that exhibition bout that featured only three, 1-minute rounds.

Canseco, who named names of alleged steroid abusers like himself in his two books, lost to former Philadelphia Eagle Vai Sikahema in his first foray into celebrity boxing.

Canseco's girlfriend, Heidi Northcott, said the MMA deal was presented to Canseco about two weeks ago. The 1988 AL MVP is part of a card that includes an eight-man open-weight tournament and is being called the Super Hulk Tournament.
Back to top Go down
neutralcorner

neutralcorner

jose canseco Empty
PostSubject: Re: jose canseco   jose canseco Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:12 pm

It's sad but I can't wait to see this one on YouTube.
Back to top Go down
bxgrl1

bxgrl1

jose canseco Empty
PostSubject: Re: jose canseco   jose canseco Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 11:37 am

WHY? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
mikewood

mikewood

jose canseco Empty
PostSubject: Re: jose canseco   jose canseco Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 2:01 am

c'mon now i use to like canseco as a kid. he used to be my fav. ball player. i think he's gonna get humiliated but i wanna see it anyway.
Back to top Go down
SEFPREZ

SEFPREZ

jose canseco Empty
PostSubject: Re: jose canseco   jose canseco Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 10:26 am

mikewood wrote:
c'mon now i use to like canseco as a kid. he used to be my fav. ball player. i think he's gonna get humiliated but i wanna see it anyway.

We used to like Jose too Mike - but he is not a very good fighter...
Back to top Go down
SEFPREZ

SEFPREZ

jose canseco Empty
PostSubject: UPDATE - and Video   jose canseco Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 1:32 pm

At least he looked like he was trying...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

jose canseco Empty
PostSubject: Re: jose canseco   jose canseco Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

jose canseco
Page 1 of 1